Manages the operation of the service department. Ensures customers’ (internal and external) service and parts needs are addressed in a timely manner. Ensure the workflow in the service department is smooth from the time work is open to the work order is closed. Responsible for the housekeeping of the service department area.
Duties and responsibilities
- Inspect and monitor work areas, examine tools and equipment, and provide employee safety training to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety policies.
- Investigate accidents or injuries and prepare reports of findings
- Monitor employees’ work levels and review work performance
- Inspect, test, and measure completed work, through the use of hand tools or gauges to verify conformance to standards or repair requirements
- Develop, implement, or evaluate maintenance policies and procedures
- Confer with personnel, such as management, HR, or customers, to coordinate work activities, resolve employee grievances, or identify and review resource needs
- Monitor the condition of the shop to ensure adequate working conditions
- Counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job –skill deficiencies
- Recommend or initiate personal actions, to include new hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, or disciplinary measures
- Meet with vendors to discuss products used in repair work
- Review all work orders and timecards
- Answer any service calls as needed
- Listen to customer and employee complaints and find a solution to resolve the issue
- Keep the work in progress report up to date and ensure all work orders are closed within 10 business days after the opening of the work order
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with branch and company policies and federal regulations
- Responsible for directing work orders as they come in
- Perform other tasks as required by branch manager and corporate managers
- Analyze work orders for accuracy
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and
- 2 years of college, preferred, or
- 5+ years of experience
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Current equipment
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good critical thinking skills
- Good human capital skills
- Analyzing data
- Train employees
- Motivate employees
- Work as a team
- Work under extreme pressure
- Calculate figures and analyze data
- Resolve any problems in a timely manner
- Interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Commitment to company vision and mission
While performing this duty, the employee will travel as necessary
Working environment and Physical demands
The work environment characteristics described here representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this duty, the employee will be exposed to noisy shop environment. When performing the duties of this job, it is a requirement to wear Personal Protective Equipment whenever necessary.
While performing this duty, the employee will required to frequently sit, walk, talk, and listen. The employee is required to frequently use hands to fingers, handle, feel objects, or controls, including products we rent, computer, and other office equipment. Employee must often stand, walk, lift, and/or move up to 30 pounds. Appropriate material handling equipment should be used to lift or move items that are heavy or bulky. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description in not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Service dispatch
- Service admin
To apply for this job please visit jobs.medleycompany.com.