Work closely with customers and sales team to grow and promote the sales of equipment, parts, rentals, service, and allied for a branch of Medley Material Handling. Sales representatives establish and maintain long-term business relationships with a new and current customer base.
Duties and responsibilities
- Close and grow through professional communication with existing and potential clients
- Manage and interpret customer requirements – speaking with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their needs
- Communicate sales or service opportunities and customer concerns or suggestions
- Identify and resolve client concerns, recommending a course of action to alleviate these concerns in the future
- Understand and comply with established guidelines that ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Coordinates company staff to provide exemplary service to customers
- Expand market awareness of our products and our industry experience by communicating features and benefits of our products and services effectively
- Work with the engineering team to ensure customer project requirements are met
- Maintaining records of customer communications and contact information
- Making technical presentation, webinar
- Preparing responses to RFP (request for proposals) and RFI (request for information)
- Attending and participate in trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events
- Maintain awareness of pertinent client information, future plans, payment performance, communicate any client information that may affect company decisions to appropriate departments as needed
- Working knowledge of the design tools and price calculations
- Research market requirements and market data
- Maintain knowledge of competitor products and identify and report intelligence on competitor pricing or marketing strategies
- Maintains current Medley Material Handling product knowledge
- Demonstrate and explain best practices in installation techniques for all Medley Material Handling products
- Submit a variety of sales status reports as required, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals
- Submit quarterly customer visit plans, schedule client meetings and action plans for follow-up
- Send legal documents to customers and send signed copies to Corporate for filing
- Responsible for setting the customer’s expectations
- BS degree in sales, marketing, or business, or
- At least 4 years of sales in similar industry
- Valid Driver License
While performing this duty, the employee will be required to frequently sit, walk, talk, and listen. The employee is required to frequently use hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects or controls, including products we rent, computer and other office equipment. The employee must often stand and walk, and lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Appropriate material handling equipment should be used to lift or move items that are heavy or bulky. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position will travel over 90% of the time.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.medleycompany.com.