To serve our customer and salespersons with technical support and to give the best customer service. To help the development of a qualified repair technician staff by providing ongoing technical training, and to serve as technical support for our customers by serving as a liaison between the end user and the manufacturer.
Duties and responsibilities
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy to medium equipment using hoists, hand tools, and power tools
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers’ specifications
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices
- Research, order and maintain parts inventory for service and repairs
- Repair, rewire and troubleshoot electrical systems
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges
- Examine and repair hydraulic system
- Examine and repair brake systems on all equipment
- Clean parts by spraying them with grease solvent or immersing them in tanks of solvent
- Projects as assigned by Management
- High School Diploma
- Technical college diploma or certification
- At least 1-year experience in related mechanical field
- Valid Driver License, with good driving record
- Forklift Operators License/Certification
While performing this duty, the employee will be required to frequently sit, walk, talk, and listen. The employee is required to frequently use hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects or controls, including the products we service. The employee must often stand, kneel, and bend over, and lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. The employee will be exposed to hazardous materials, i.e. grease, fuel, pressured gas, and/or oil. The employee will be required to kneel, sit, stand, and lay on hard surfaces, i.e. concrete and/or asphalt. Appropriate material handling equipment should be used to lift or move items that are heavy or bulky. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position will travel to customer locations.
Call us for more information:
Springfield (417) 866-3528
To apply for this job please visit jobs.medleycompany.com.